Concept of the main layout with pinned pages and panels

Inspired by a mockup recently shared by @futurized I drew this concept:

• don’t look at details like proportions, choice of icons, aesthetics etc, just focus on the workflow
  • the left sidebar has a list of recent pages that can be cleared with the button at top right
  • pages can be pinned at the top and resist clearing
  • panes in the right sidebar depends on the current page
  • when the right sidebar is closed and the current page has panes specific for it an indicator is shown on the button to open the right sidebar
  • panes can be pages, blocks or widgets like the page graphs or the ones by plugins
  • each pane can be closed with a button, not shown in the image as it could appear on hover
  • all panes can be closed at once with the clear button at the top right
  • panes can be pinned to resist clearing
  • important: pinned panes appear on all pages
  • contextual panes (like page graph or current page TODOs) update their content when switching pages

I tried to keep it intuitive but still powerful. What do you think? Try to imagine the resulting workflow and please don’t look at details like where an icon is placed.

Love the idea of pinning and clearing, recent can get pretty unruly, and would make clearing the right side more efficient than trying to mash the ‘x’. Best part is the contextual panes.

1 Like

would make clearing the right side more efficient than trying to mash the ‘x’.

there is a built-in shortcut for clearing the right side bar, you can search for that in the “shortcuts” page (g s - go shortcuts).

1 Like

Had to make an account to say this design is beautiful! I hope it gets implemented to logseq

1 Like

Thank you @Remigz, much appreciated :pray:

1 Like