Cross-graph referencing

Suggest developing the function of cross-graph referencing.

Is there any progress on this?
Cross-graph references would enable users to integrate multiple graphs in their knowledge garden - a feature that potentially enables the development of package management - a way to integrate and reuse someone else’s knowledge.

1 Like

I think this is one of the most missing thing in Logseq.

For now, Logseq doesn’t allow me (tell me whenever I’m wrong) to manage together my “Me and my life” graph, with my husband’s “Me and my life” graph and with our “Our life together” graph (graph names aren’t the true ones but just here for you to see my point more easily).

Those 3 graphs contain large amounts of mirror-synchronizable content, but also large amounts of content that would unnecessarily weigh down and encumber our respective workflows if we create a single all-in-one graph.

And so, for now, Logseq remains another “let’s-hope-one-day-it-will-improve” app for us, even if we love many stuffs about Logseq. It is still frustratingly unusable.

Again: tell me whenever there is an actual user-friendly way to sync pages and blocks accross several local graphs. This would be great news for us!

1 Like

This is a great idea, and kind of overlaps with Specification for public graph discovery. Decentralized social network on logseq

2 Likes

Yes, but only “kind of”, because I’d like to cross-reference several local and private graph, not “public” graphs.

I am new to Logseq forum due to I really want to know more about Lsq.
While I am a little confused here, before “Cross-graph referencing”, it seems must to have the ability first, which to open multiple instance of Lsq, or, open multiple graph simultaneously…
While I don’t find a way to do it, only can open multiple windows/pages on the same graph, right? Please tell me if there’s a way to open multiple graphs at same time (no matter by plugins, setting or else).
Surely I think if Cross-graph referencing is enabled, probably it also means can access different graphs at the same time.
Just I also have multi graphs to deal with, and I found I have to switch frequently, kind of inconvenient. Or maybe I have to compromise by merging all graphs into one…

1 Like

Chiming in here with a use case,
it would be great to be able to reference large pieces of text, such as transcripts of conversations, without those clogging up one’s search in Logseq - both Ctrl+ K & in-line search for a block.
I imagine those large chunks of texts could live/be stored on other graphs and one could toggle on or off with a setting if these are also searched.
Similar to Tana’s allow content from, see image:

1 Like