[DONE] Deep Linking or URL Scheme / Allow linking to Logseq pages from outside the app

Related post here! Allow linking to Logseq pages from outside the app

1 Like

Hook is a mac app that allows for linking between files and apps
(for example I could make link to pdf and put into markdown note, clicking the link will open pdf in specific app)
Hook for working need an API.

Hook needs to be able to get the name of your app’s current resource, and a URL/ID for it. It needs to be able to open this resource using that URL/ID. We do not expect Hook to be able to get the name or URL/ID of an unsaved document.
You just need to provide the API. It could be via x-callback-url, AppleScript / JavaScript, a command line interface or something else that is generally available.

There already exist a similar feature request of the Hook users.

1 Like

+1 for this. I use Hook a lot and it would be awesome to have it work with Logseq

1 Like

Could admin could rename this topic to more general “Allow linking to Logseq pages from outside the app”?

3 Likes

This is explaining (more or less) the philosophical ideas behind this request

1 Like

This maybe the same request like here:

and here:

1 Like

Yes this is what I meant (Deep linking) I don’t mark it as solved, but the discussion may be merged

Electron apps are capable of this: Enable Electron to set/unset itself as default protocol handler (OS X, Windows) by felixrieseberg · Pull Request #4896 · electron/electron (github.com)

This guide is old, but might be useful: Electron app with custom protocol | Better world by better software (glebbahmutov.com)

2 Likes

The founder of Logseq said that the deep linking will be available in the near future. Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Any news about that ?

Actually this feature would be very usefull. I could e.g. link from Zotero and from Anki back to the corresponding logseq page. Any news on the state of this feature?

1 Like

Related to this android has the Storage Access Framework which makes it possible for users to grant finegrained access of files or directories in an apps sandboxed private storage to other apps. Details are in This topic

4 Likes

With the release of 0.6.6., this feature is now implemented.

1 Like