Latex snippets?

Does Logseq (or a plugin) support Latex snippets?

I’m thinking of something like:

This is a plugin for Obsidian, which provides a set of nice snippets to speedup latex note taking. It also offers a “conceal” feature which means that it will conceal things like \alpha and show the greek letter instead (which helps compress long latex source code in some cases).

This is all inspired by this very nice blog-post, of a similar workflow in VIM: How I'm able to take notes in mathematics lectures using LaTeX and Vim | Gilles Castel

I am just trying out Logseq for the first time, and it seems very nice. So I was wondering if something like this exists. Thanks!

Another setup for fast latex typing, this time in emacs: LaTeX Input for Impatient Scholars | Karthinks.

Related: Latex Macro Support

Not LaTeX snippets, but in terms of fast LaTeX typing, I just created a plugin (Logseq Live Math) that integrates MathLive with Logseq. MathLive is a great library that provides an intuitive, rich, and fast LaTeX experience. MathLive also provides great support for keyboard shortcuts and inline shortcuts.

Hope this plugin can help you!

live-math-demo

Edited: Remove links to avoid stupid and unfriendly “post hidden”

1 Like

That looks amazing! I’ll try it out. Thanks for posting here!

Can you clarify how this differs from GitHub - hkgnp/darwis-mathlive-plugin?

It seems that selecting a display equation brings up the Live Math popup, but it thinks it’s an inline formula. It ends up replacing my current equation with something empty! A bug?

Anyhow it looks very promising. I realize it’s a new plugin so there might be some things to sort out. But if something like this works fine I’d switch to Logseq right away. I prefer the “org-mode”/graph feel of Logseq over Obsidian. In Obsidian I have to think about naming my notes and that’s a bit of a friction.

Please do post here if there are updates on the plugin!

It should be a bug! But I can’t reproduce this. I’ll appreciate it if you file an issue about the details in the GitHub repo with a short screen recording.

live-math-display-select

darwis-mathlive-plugin also integrated MathLive to Logseq, but it’s working in a different way which is not very convenient, as it’s not automatically converted to LaTeX and only supports display math.

1 Like

I made a short recording here:
Screen Recording 2023-08-30 at 10.01.07

What happens is that (sometimes) when I select a display equation, the MathLive popup thinks it’s inline and empty.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out! Sorry that I haven’t tested multiline math properly. I’ve made some fixes and released a new version (v1.1.3). Please let me know if you still have problems with the new version.

1 Like

Thanks, seems to work better now!

Here there is the link for convenience:

1 Like