Lightweight Plugin for auto-tagging

Hello!
I got introduced to Logseq via a comment on my HackerNews-post.

What I’m working on is an open-source, free and lightweight (based on a wordlist, no heavy backend-stuff) frontend package for auto-tagging any form of textual content/input.
→ (live-demo and link to the repo above, I’m currently not allowed to post more links here).

As comments suggested below the HN-post, it could be useful for Logseq-users (or Obsidian).
I just started to scratch the surface and try to get a understanding on how it could be integrated and what exactly would be the use-case here…

I quickly flew over this discussion, that’s obviously not what my tool is trying to achieve.
Probably more a “(personalized) low-barrier form of generating tags on-the-fly”.

So maybe you can help me with some input here.
What use-cases do you see?
What has my package has to provide (technically) so it could be useful/integrated?

Have you made any progress with this? I don’t use Logseq currently but I can’t seem to find this functionality in any decent PKM app, and I’d be willing to switch to Logseq just to try this out.

A lot of the AI tools in Obsidian and similar apps either don’t do enough, or they do too much. I don’t want to send my entire graph over to OpenAI, nor do I care about summarizing articles or whatever. All I need AI to do is automatically tag my notes so that it’s easy to find them without using folders or hierarchies or complicated queries.

I think a tool like this could obsolete a ton of what is considered de rigeur in PKMs. Here’s a post about a similar concept in Obsidian. The closest things would be mem.ai or MyMind, but the former is clunky and has serious privacy concerns, and the latter can’t keep up with other PKMs in terms of task management or content creation.

2 Likes