Rename system folders / Obsidian compatibility

I am using Logseq alongside Obsidian. My workflow is to use Logseq as my daily journal, idea capture and fleeting notes and Obsidian for processing, distillation and crystallization.

Everything has been working nearly perfectly and this combo is a dream come true.

The only thing that is in the way at this point is that I must change my Obsidian folder structure to match Logseq and thus I lose control over how I name and structure my folders.

It would be awesome if there was a setting in Logseq that enables you to change the filepaths for features such as ‘journals’ and ‘pages’

For example, in obsidian you can change the daily notes path in a setting like this:

Any improvements to Logseq-Obsidian interoperability would be amazing :slight_smile:

I also use the two programs together, and I am certainly in favor of anything that makes the setup smoother. But I don’t quite understand the above. Can’t you just put your whole Obsidian folder structure inside of ‘pages’? And what’s the problem with having journal pages inside of ‘journals’?

(see below)

in config.edn there are settings you can use :

;; Tell logseq to use a specific folder in the repo as a default location for notes
 ;; if not specified, notes are stored in `pages` directory
 :pages-directory "your-directory"

;; Tell logseq to use a specific folder in the repo as a default location for journals
 ;; if not specified, journals are stored in `journals` directory
 :journals-directory "your-directory"
3 Likes

Awesome thank you! That definitely helps a lot.

It would be amazing if we could do the same for /assets, /draws and /logseq.

1 Like

Further, it would be great if the /logseq folder could be hidden by adding a period to it, which is how obsidian works.