Sort linked references chronologically

How can I make linked references sort in chronological order (with the most recent reference on top)? I thought Logseq did this automatically, so I could be missing something obvious.

e.g. I have a “ToCreate” tag for ideas I want to turn into writing content.

I just added the “ToCreate” tag to a block, but when I go to the ToCreate page, it’s buried in the middle of linked references instead of on top.

Ideally, I’d like the most recently tagged #ToCreate items on top of linked references.

6 Likes

+1 for this. I keep loosing things this way… and have to scroll/hunt up and down the list…

Alternatively, is there a query to run that would show only the most recently things tagged with a certain tag?

Curious if anyone has a solution to this?

It would also be useful to have different options for sorting linked references.
I’m using Monthly notes (like “2022-08”) and right now such monthly notes are sorted in a seemingly random order in the linked references. It would be great to have them sorted by file name.

2 Likes

I’ve just moved to Logseq from Roam Research. About the only feature I’m missing is the ability to sort linked references, although this was done using the roamjs extensions (Sort References). I would love to know if there us anything similar as navigating the unsorted list of linked references is painful. Although the find-in-page makes it a little easier.

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know I’ve added a feature request for this!

Please upvote here if you’d like to be able to sort linked references: Sort linked references

2 Likes