Three power-tools I wish I'd known about when I started using Logseq

1. Templates: quickly add custom text to any page with a the /template command.

2. Aliases: give an alternative name (or names) to any page. If you have a contact named [[Samuel Clemens]] you can create an alias for “Mark Twain” and both will point to the same page.

3. Page-tags: there is normally no difference between #tags and [[pages]] in logseq, but there is a separate category of tags called “page-tags” which can be added as a top-level property to pages. Just enter tags:: tag1, tag2, etc. on the first block of a page (along with the alias and any other page level properties you might want to define yourself).

• There isn’t much documentation about these, but if you add them they show up in a special section on the page for that tag. You can also query them using {{query (page-tags [[tag]])}}.
    • I use this to add a second level of organization to pages when I have a lot related to a specific domain: contacts, books, etc. I then add additional tags to further aid in querying. For instance, I might add “business” or “person” to contact pages, and “fiction” or “nonfiction” to book pages.

Addition to third point.

1. Page:tags:
    • tags:: tag1, tag2 is equivalent to tags:: [[tag1]], [[tag2]]. Logseq automatically tag/link up those keywords. Hence, a block {{query [[tag1]]}} will also find page tags:: tag1.