Todoist Integration

While I’m fine using Logseq’s built-in task management for most things, to collaborate with others I often use Todoist. It would be great to be able to pull all the tasks that others have assigned to me.

Here is a plugin for Obsidian (I haven’t tried it yet): Materialize Todoist tasks in Obsidian notes

I’d like:

• My Todoist tasks to appear in my daily notes.
  • To create Todoist tasks and mark them done from within Logseq.
2 Likes

It seems that you can simply use Query, like {{query todo todo}}.
If you want the todolist in your journal, maybe you can use template.

On my side I prefer to see my tasks in Todoist than in Logseq.

But I would love to have a quick add to Todoist with a command.

/todoist and hop it is added in todoist inbox. Would be awesome when writing meeting note and actions to do.

3 Likes

Hi all, for those not on the Discord channel, I built a simple Todoist plugin for Logseq.

My workflow involves using Todoist as a Quick Capture tool, and Logseq as my main Todo manager. Hence I needed a way to get the tasks from Todoist (my inbox) to Logseq so I can process them there, and then have the tasks removed from Todoist so there are no duplicates.

You can get the release and follow the instructions here to try the plugin: https://github.com/hkgnp/logseq-todoist-plugin-ts

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Thanks, unfortunately the link is not working.

Apologies. I messed up the Releases and the Implementation instructions.

It is now accessible.

P.S. There was a user who helped to create issues that they found. I am so sorry but I am not able to retrieve them. Appreciate if you could to post the issues again. Thanks!

Thanks. The link is working now.

I had a look at the installation instructions and wonder if this will work on a windows desktop installation? I would have to install npm on my machine (which I have never used before). So I wanted to know in advance if this has a chance to work for a windows desktop installation?

Thanks again
Chris

Hi Chris
Yes it should be workable. It would mean that at the very least, you need to first have Node.js installed on your computer, as this is an unpacked plugin. Once you do, you can follow the instructions.

You can find installation instructions at Download | Node.js

1 Like

I managed to work my way through all the steps.

There was a small problem with the command npm install && npm run build → && didn’t work - maybe not valid under Powershell. But I just ran the two commands install and run build one after the other.

npm install && npm run build
In Zeile:1 Zeichen:13
+ npm install && npm run build
+             ~~
Das Token "&&" ist in dieser Version kein gültiges Anweisungstrennzeichen.
+ CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidEndOfLine

There were some warnings, but basically I installed the plugin in Logseq.

ONLY, now I get the following error message when I call it, even though I am on a journal page.
This function is only available on a Journal page.

Do you have any idea what this could be?
Thanks

Glad it managed to build successfully in the end!

Hmm, could you try to click on the “Home” button, and then click on a date from there? Depending how you set up your Logseq, manually created pages that look like Journal pages are not really Journal pages.

Having said that, I will look into disabling this check so you can use this plugin on any page.

Edit:
Have added the above into the latest release (https://github.com/hkgnp/logseq-todoist-plugin-ts/releases/tag/v0.85). Please reinstall the plugin to be able to use it on any page except the home page.

Thanks!

Wow - thanks - that was quick :blush:
Which steps do I need to repeat?

I extracted the new v0.85 into the plugin-directory and closed and reopened Logseq. But that alone seems not to be enough.
At least I still get the error: “This function is only available on a Journal page.”

Thanks

Hi Chris,
You will need to run npm run build again. Then go to the Plugins page in Logseq, and click Reload.

1 Like

“At least I still get the error: “This function is only available on a Journal page.””

This is actually normal behavior. If you are on today’s journal page it does not recognize it as a journal page unless you click on the date first.

1 Like

Thanks - I didn’t realize the difference.

@hkgnp Thanks again too - it is working :slight_smile:
Now I have to play around and see how to integrate it into my workflow.

I already have the first feature request:

Currently, only the titles are transferred. This means that the information in the description field and the comment field is lost.

If I create new tasks via the mail interface, for example, the text is stored in the comment field.
So at the moment I get the title “Save URL for later” but the URL itself in the description field is not transferred.

Hope you will be able to add the description and comment field in future updates.

Thanks
Chris

Sorry I don’t use description or comments so I’ve to ask this.

From a user experience point of view, how should the description or comments appear in Logseq?

Hi @clempat

This has been added in the latest release (v0.9-alpha).

2 Likes

Thanks again - you add new features faster than I can reply in the forum :wink:

On the question of where in LOGseq you could take description and comments. I would keep it simple and create child blocks for them.

The command to send blocks to the inbox of Todoist works great.
(at the moment, child blocks are ignored).

I see. Ok let me look into the description and comments again!

Yes, for adding of child blocks to Todoist, I will need to study their API guide again on whether adding sub tasks are allowed. Will let you know!

1 Like