Add a done date to done tasks that is query-able

As not all tasks are finished on time it would be valuable to have the done date added to the DB schema of logseq.

One could activate the timetracking feature of logseq to get the latest date tracked (See a query @darwis made here. But that is not something I really need. But I would like to know when a task is done.

I am not entirely sure how the DB schema works exactly but I see that there is a

:block/marker "DONE"}

entry in the block data. If also a :block/marker/done “DATE”} part could be added to store the datetime of the moment a task is set to done that would be great.

I have no idea if it workes like this. Feel free to adjust conform working standards.

If this date could be added to be visible at the moment a task is set to DONE that would be great. So you see in one glance when a task is finished. Currently that is not possible with using the timetracking feature. And I have no need for that.

An extra reason to do not use the timetracking feature as I have tasks that directly go from TODO to DONE without the DOING step. Not sure how timetracking works in that scenario.

Maybe a same logic as with scheduled and deadline might work also. So in the :block/content

Not sure what the consequences are in terms of presentation, quera-ability, ect.

+1

I want query my task with done date

2 Likes

It would be great feature.
People keep asking it Query for Tasks done today - #6 by John_Doe

With this feature we can see what was done this day/week/month.
It will allow to build DONE table in kanban board to see progress.

2 Likes

I think there are a number of related feature requests, would be good to gather them all together. Here is one I found:

And another one: Add date and reference after DONE

Task completion plugin

Thanks! I’ll be merging the two threads you linked, but not with this post itself as their scopes are a bit different. The other two posts explicitly expressed a wish to link to journals in the bidirectional link format, while this post suggests it may be accomplished via some means similar to scheduled and deadlines (for example something similar to CLOSED: <timestamp> in org-mode, I think).

2 Likes

It does not work correctly, see my FR Please change timestamp format to, e.g., 20230306 · Issue #10 · DimitryDushkin/logseq-plugin-task-check-date · GitHub
There are some other plugin which might help.

But it seems like queering all DONE tasks should be the core functionality, so would be great to have.
Thank you.

Note that this plugin is no longer being maintained. There is also an issue with querying the completion date that was never resolved.

1 Like

UPDATE:: I think the issue (with needing to reindex before querying property dates) may have been fixed?

I’m also interested in this functionality. I like to use my journals for daily standup meetings and a query that returns “completed yesterday” tasks would be very helpful

2 Likes

I had a goal to create a task list that displays either unfinished tasks or tasks completed no earlier than yesterday. I didn’t like that completed tasks immediately disappeared from the list, and you couldn’t see what was done today, depriving you of the satisfaction.

I realized that Dmitry Dushkin’s plugin doesn’t work quite right. It creates a date in the format [[PreferredDateFormat]], but Logseq doesn’t perceive it as a link to the daily log without additional manual editing.

Moreover, it’s inconvenient to work with such a date format. I made some edits so that it always sets the date in the ‘yyyyMMdd’ format. This is the format in which Logseq itself handles dates, including how variables like :today are stored.

And it all works now. Additionally, I hid the “completed” property in Logseq settings, so it looks like it was out of the box.

1 Like