Add multiple selections (multi cursor) feature in Logseq

This is a very convenient setup that greatly reduces mechanical work and saves a lot of time.

I’m talking about mass editing function via Alt key like in Obsidian, VS Code, Sublime Text.

There are many scenarios where this can be of great help:

• To remove or add a sign in several blocks at once with a single click.

• To remove many extra spaces and line breaks with a single click.

• To bold or oblique the same term that is repeated several times on the same page.

• And more…

Agree. This is probably the 3rd biggest missing common modern text editor functionality in Logseq (after [Partial Done] Add tabbed windows to desktop client / Multiple instances of Logseq and Find and replace a word in multiple occurrences).

2 Likes

So this feature does not exist yet right?

1 Like

It does not exist yet.

Was just thinking about this today. Would be game changing. I’m surprised this doesn’t already exist tbh. I’d like for example, to very quickly jot down a bunch of to dos off the top of my head, then select them all and convert them to todos.

One work around could be to allow a shortcut or something that’ll open the current document in VS code. That would give you all the power of VS Codes editor and an easy way to access it.

1 Like

Just found out that at least this is possible by selecting all the lines that you want to convert to TO DO items and then hitting ctrl+enter which is the default keyboard shortcut to cycle todo status.

I’d like to add that the multi-select doesn’t allow hitting ctr+click to deselect already selected items. This would be really helpful.

1 Like

this would be a useful feature to have