Logseq and Obsidian.md Colaboration Projects

I’m just going to post this here. I think some collaborative project between Logseq and Obsidian.md would be awsome!!!

For one benefit, I hope Logseq and Obsidian can come together to make something where a note, whether created in Logseq or Obsidian is correctly formatted (formatted to the tool) it is opened in.

A Logseq note in Obsidian.md would be opened with the - [insert sentence] within edit mode in Obsidian.md leaving room for the addition of headings. And headings in Obsidian.md would be viewed as "first line, or seperated from the body of the note title.

But I am sure there would be many other benefits of collaborating on some features. Not to mention the added exposure each tool good recieve. Particularly, a great outlining, local first note-taking application like Logseq!

I love this idea… a lot of people want an outliner mode plugin in obsidian, and the recent api release enables people to create their own custom editors in the app…

What if the logseq team were the ones to create the outliner plugin for obsidian? It could be a lite version of logseq with a perfect integration with the full version… I imagine that would get A LOT more exposure for logseq, and considering they are both .md based this could be viable…

Of course that would mean diverting some team resources to the project, but it could be a worthy investment!

6 Likes

This would just make me way too happy, I don’t know what I would do! lol

5 Likes

Same here! Words couldn’t describe!! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

The idea is very interesting!
Also, I’ve been thinking of making logseq to be used inside VSCode for a long time. But unfortunately, we have many things to be done before those integrations, for example:

1. make the editor stable
  2. support unordered lists as bullets
  3. design && implement the plugins API
  4. build a mobile app

It will take a while before we finish the above things.
But I’m super happy if someone can make logseq to be used in Obsidian or VScode.
We can donate to people who’d like to make this happen.

5 Likes

As much as I use and love Obsidian together with Logseq, I do agree that making Logseq more stable and accesible to new comers should be a top priority, before an integration like this.

This plugin idea would definitely take time, effort, constant maintanance, specially since Obsidian’s API is still in early stages and is likely to keep changing.

With that said, I still think it’s a great idea and if anyone in this community has the time and skill to achieve this, I think this would be incredible and a great way to get more Obsidian users interested in Logseq as well!

6 Likes

Great idea. An goal that can easily be achieved in the near future is the above: specifically, to be able to open a Logseq markdown file in Obisidan, and being able to make limited edits in Obsidian within the Logseq-generated structure, and being able to open it back in Logseq. Things that are blocking it today:

• Logseq uses headings (#), instead of bullets (-)
  • Logseq doesn’t “cleanly” separate directory structure from config
    • this might just amount to renaming the config directory to “.logseq”
    • can Obsidian be told to ignore the .logseq directory?
  • How does Obsidian handle block metadata generated by Logseq?
  • How does Obsidian handle frontmatter generated by Logseq?
2 Likes

Unordered list “-“ style bullets are coming soon in logseq…

Obsidian doesn’t auto generate front matter or any sort of page content, so theres no conflicts in that regard…

Once we get normal markdown list bullets, they will be much more compatible…

6 Likes

Great Idea! But what I would put in the first priority is a mobile app. For both. Obsidian mobile is already in beta as I’ve heard.

2 Likes

I agree, I still think this collaboration project would be amazing, but yeah a Logseq mobile app that works with a built-in paid syncing option or with something like Dropbox would be amazing!

3 Likes

I think unordered lists as bullets will be a good start in adding support for Obsidian. Can this feature be added an option in Logseq?

1 Like

ideally as a toggle, where the user gets to decide when to make it into headings vs when to make it an unordered list. I think this would really make obsidian / logseq collaboration a lot smoother.

1 Like

I think, it’s now finally possible to achieve a perfect workflow between Logseq and Obsidian.

I wrote about it in Discord, in this message

This is What I said to @tienson and the @moderators… You have to check this out, if you haven’t already…
this is an Obsidian plugin that allows to use some basic outliner functionality.

With the new Logseq refactoring bullet points for markdow, the combination of Obsidian + Logseq is really close to perfect.

I know a lot of people use Obsidian + Logseq.

I’m not sure how much would be on Logseq’s part to make sure that Obsidian community plugin and Logseq work better together.

But definitely try to reach out the creator of that plugin, to help create an amazing workflow between Logseq and Obsidian.