Calling all designers! It’s time for a new Logseq logo, and we’re open sourcing the process.
We’re looking for a new logo, and we’re accepting submissions from our community! For more information, you can check out the blog post here, but in short:
- We’re accepting submissions in this thread (instructions below) until June 16th
- We will post a poll here for community voting from June 19th through June 23rd
- We will pay the winners of the competition up to $1000 in cash prizes!
- We will announce our new logo shortly afterwards.
How to submit your logo proposal:
- First of all, create your masterpiece in whatever software you prefer to use (figma, sketch, photoshop, ms paint - whatever makes your ideas come to life)
- Test to make sure your logo works well with our future color scheme, and on all platforms, by using this figma template
- Export a .png or .jpg version of your logo, either in the template from step 2, or in your own proposal template
- Post the image in the comments below - maximum 1 submission per comment please! Include a brief description of your design or your thought process to bring it to life
If you’d like for us to share your submission on twitter (giving you the credit you deserve, of course), please include your twitter handle in the submission comment.
- Share your masterpiece with the world - we will take community engagement into account when we make our final decision
- If you have more ideas, feel free to repeat these steps as many times as you’d like. You can submit as many times as you’d like, just please keep them as separate comments
How will I know if I’ve won the competition?
We will announce the winners on June 28th here, as well as on Discord and Twitter.
What happens if I win the competition?
We will send you an agreement to transfer rights and ownership of the design to Logseq Inc, in exchange for the reward value determined by your place in the competition.
If I win the competition, does that mean Logseq will use my logo?
Not necessarily - we will not use any logo we have not paid for, of course, but choosing a logo is a very personal decision for the company. Our community’s input is very important to us, but we reserve the right to make any executive calls when the time comes to choose our new look.
What happens if I do not win the community vote, but Logseq still wants to use my logo?
Any submissions are your own designs. If we wish to use any submissions, we will contact you beforehand and arrange for a purchase of the design. We will not use any designs that we have not purchased
Will the Logseq team be participating in the contest?
Logseq team members will be working on their own logo designs, however they will not be eligible for the community prizes. While we may share some internal submissions, none of them will qualify as finalists for the voting period at the end of the competition.
How will finalists be chosen for the voting period?
Finalists will be chosen internally, and while we will largely take engagement and community excitement into account, we can not rely on this entirely, in order to be fair to last minute submissions.
Where can I find more information about the contest or the design brief?
Please see our announcement blog post here.
I have more questions, how can I get answers?
Please do not contact our customer support emails for questions around the logo contest
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
<3 the entire Logseq team